Skip to main content

Kylie's Demonstrator training blog hop.

Welcome!


Thank you for joining us for our Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month! We are all part of a training program that has the sole purpose of improving our Stampin' Up!® businesses and to learn from a variety of top Stampin' Up!® Demonstrators from around the world. Please be sure to 'HOP' all of the way around to all of the projects on this Blog Hop, there is a list at the bottom of the page that will help you to make your way around.

What a great way to get ideas on all the amazing new product than with a card swap!

Organised by one of the Crazy Crafters, Nicole, we had to create a card front using anything from the new Occasions Catalogue or Sale-a-bration products - those are the freebies you get for every $AU90 you spend - and that is soooo easy to do once you see what's  inside the new catalogue!

As the name says, there are new designs for all those upcoming occasions - Valentine's, Easter, Mother's  Day,  and almost anything else you can think of - heck, you can just make an Occasion so you can buy something new from the catalogue and create!

I just love on of the new Designer Series Papers - All My Love. Beautiful colours and designs.



I decided to make this a feature on my card. 
I fussy cut small and large hearts from one of the sheets and used these as the focal point.
They look so detailed - they look like a stamped image!
 I took the colour palette from the papers.
Lovely Lipstick or Flirty Flamingo hearts with a Crumb Cake base.
 Can you see the faint Soft Seafoam flower in the background? This just adds subtle interest and is using the Forever  Lovely stamps which are part of the suite.
The sentiment comes from another new set that has lovely sentiments in a font I just love!

Which colour is your favourite?

You should see the card fronts I got in the swap!
They are all so very different, using lots of the new products, providing lots of ideas and samples to show customers.


I think there may be some more goodies being added to my order ! 

If you want to try making this card, or want to get your hands on the new catalogue, just let me know!

Until next time, keep creating!


Comments

  1. These cards are beautiful, I love that you have used the same design and changed the colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! The neutral Crumb Cake and the Soft Sea Foam made it easy to change up and this way I got to see both coloured hearts made into cards!

      Delete
  2. Pretty cards! love the colors and the DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which colour is my favourite? Mm, love them both but possibly the "Lovely Lipstick." Thank you for taking part in our Demonstrator Training blog Hop this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even notice the Soft Sea Foam stamping until you pointed it out! Love the subtleness of it... lovely cards, Shirley. What a wonderful idea for #simplestamping. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Angie! Our beautiful DSP can make making beautiful cards that much easier - and don't you think that sometimes we overthink?

      Delete
  5. I think these cards are awesome! Simple yet so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! They are, indeed, simple but pretty!

      Delete
  6. Such a versatile set Shirley! Wonderful choice of colours too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, this suite is becoming a favourite, Deb! I hope you've got it too!

      Delete
  7. Lovely projects with a great colour pallet. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kylie's Demonstrator training February Blog Hop.

Thank you for joining us for our Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month! We are all part of a training program that has the sole purpose of improving our Stampin' Up!® businesses and to learn from a variety of top Stampin' Up!® Demonstrators from around the world. Please be sure to 'HOP' all of the way around to all of the projects on this Blog Hop, there is a list at the bottom of the page that will help you to make your way around. Today I wanted to challenge myself to try something a  bit different by showing the versatility of any stamp set - even if it only has a few images - and do three cards  with either different techniques or use the stamp in a different way.  Maybe even look at the stamps in the set and see what else I can do with them. I thought this would be a good way to show someone, that may be interested in a particular set, or trying to decide, or thinking a particular set didn't do very much, to think again and see the possibilities.

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop with Wendy Cranford

Welcome! This week we have another exciting blog hop with Wendy Cranford from Luvinstampin.com. I really enjoyed looking through her blog finding a project that I was going to CASE (copy and selectively edit). The project I chose was this one: I was taken with the colour blending and the use of the die cut over it. I decided to use a watercolour wash for my colour blending.  I used Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay, and Soft Sea Foam.   The beautiful die cut is from the Lovely Flowers edgelits, which I put over the top allowing some of the watercolour wash to peek through. I finished it off with some Bermuda Bay ribbon and a sentiment form the Incredible Like You stamp set.  I love these colours but just think how many other colourways you could do this card! Give it a try! But before you do, hop on over to the next blog and see what my fellow Crazy Crafters have designed this week.