Skip to main content

Happy birthday Sister!

With my sister living overseas, I like to send her a special card to let her know I am thinking of her, on her birthday.

Yes, I could message her or pick up the phone - both of which I do, but the card is like a little present really.

I always make it a one off - just for her.

I was thinking rustic glam for this one.

I am in love with the Wood Textures Designer series paper ( DSP) Stack. So many different textures to choose from and each 6 x 6 sheet is double sided - what value!!  
This would be my rustic.



The flowers from the Whole Lot of Lovely DSP would add the feminine touch.

And gold would add the Glam!!

I set about fussy cutting ( yes, again!) some lovely orange blooms to use, picked out my wood finish and die cut Happy Birthday in gold.

Here's how it turned out!!!




 Added some blooms inside too.



Think I achieved Rustic glam with this one?

Hope she likes it.  Will have to  wait a couple of days and see!

You can get all of this from my store if you like what you see and would like to give it a go!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kylie's Demonstrator training February Blog Hop.

Thank you for joining us for our Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month! We are all part of a training program that has the sole purpose of improving our Stampin' Up!® businesses and to learn from a variety of top Stampin' Up!® Demonstrators from around the world. Please be sure to 'HOP' all of the way around to all of the projects on this Blog Hop, there is a list at the bottom of the page that will help you to make your way around. Today I wanted to challenge myself to try something a  bit different by showing the versatility of any stamp set - even if it only has a few images - and do three cards  with either different techniques or use the stamp in a different way.  Maybe even look at the stamps in the set and see what else I can do with them. I thought this would be a good way to show someone, that may be interested in a particular set, or trying to decide, or thinking a particular set didn't do very much, to think again and see the possibilities.

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop with Wendy Cranford

Welcome! This week we have another exciting blog hop with Wendy Cranford from Luvinstampin.com. I really enjoyed looking through her blog finding a project that I was going to CASE (copy and selectively edit). The project I chose was this one: I was taken with the colour blending and the use of the die cut over it. I decided to use a watercolour wash for my colour blending.  I used Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay, and Soft Sea Foam.   The beautiful die cut is from the Lovely Flowers edgelits, which I put over the top allowing some of the watercolour wash to peek through. I finished it off with some Bermuda Bay ribbon and a sentiment form the Incredible Like You stamp set.  I love these colours but just think how many other colourways you could do this card! Give it a try! But before you do, hop on over to the next blog and see what my fellow Crazy Crafters have designed this week.

Kylie's Demonstrator training blog hop.

Welcome! Thank you for joining us for our Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month! We are all part of a training program that has the sole purpose of improving our Stampin' Up!® businesses and to learn from a variety of top Stampin' Up!® Demonstrators from around the world. Please be sure to 'HOP' all of the way around to all of the projects on this Blog Hop, there is a list at the bottom of the page that will help you to make your way around. What a great way to get ideas on all the amazing new product than with a card swap! Organised by one of the Crazy Crafters, Nicole, we had to create a card front using anything from the new Occasions Catalogue or Sale-a-bration products - those are the freebies you get for every $AU90 you spend - and that is soooo easy to do once you see what's  inside the new catalogue! As the name says, there are new designs for all those upcoming occasions - Valentine's, Easter, Mother's  Day,  and almost anything