Skip to main content

Yay You!

Yay indeed!

This Hostess stamp set is just lovely!

The images are so dainty and delicate and can be used in so many ways.

Here's what I came up with on my first play.....







I used colours from a monthly challenge - Bermuda Bay, Flirty Flamingo, Pear Pizazz and Chocolate Chip and I just love the result!!

There is a pair of leafy branches that go in opposite directions making it easy to have branches hanging and intertwining.

I layered the leafy branches and berries, then fussy cut some of the tiny images and popped them up on foam to give some dimension to the arrangement.




When you host a Stampin' Up party for your crafty (or not- yet- crafty!) friends and earn Stampin' Rewards, this can be yours!  It's one of the exclusive Hostess sets from the Occasions catalogue - and there is plenty more in the annual catalogue as well!

Make your friends envious and organise to get one today!

Keep creating!

Comments

  1. Wow, lovely card, fabulous layout and colours. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are using this set!! Woo Hoo!! You have done a fabulous job with it too. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop - CASEing Jessica Taylor

This week we are CASEing Jessica Taylor - number 118 globally!!!  Wow!!
Looking at her blog I can see why.  It is full of amazing information to help you get started, try new techniques and full of inspiration.
There was plenty to choose from to CASE  - I was spoilt for choice but I loved the look of this collection using a retired Sale-a-bration set.

I updated the look with the new Animal Outing set from the new catalogue (coming very soon!!!)

This set has some very cute animal images - the only one I didn't use was the Giraffe.


The Kangaroo has a little Koala in it's pouch - very cute and a nice tribute to us stampers down under!  I decided, as he had the little arm (?) sticking out, it was just right to hold a sign. I used the Petal passion paper as it has many black and white papers to choose from, and this reminded me of jungle vines.
The Rhino, not often thought as a cute, is just that, especially with the little bird perched on his horn.  The embossing folder reminded me of an…

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop - Nadine Weiner

Blog hopping today with the Crazy Crafters and Nadine Weiner.
We had to CASE something from Nadines blog and WOW!  What a choice!
I think I have several designs, in reserve, to try at a later date.  
Check out her blog: https://stampinclub.de/blog/ And you will see just what I mean!
So the card I went with is this one:
I love the simplicity, and the black and white with a pop of colour.
Here's what I came up with........

I used Petal Passion DSP for the background.  There are a few black and white papers that I could have used from this pack. My pop of colour was Bermuda Bay - one of my favourites! - with Soft sky behind.

My "flowers" are from Eclectic Layers thinlits (they look a bit like broccolini!!). I left the top unattached to give a bit of dimension.
I popped them up on dimensionals and threaded the sentiment in behind. I mounted it on Bermuda Bay to tie it all together, leaving a slightly larger border - so I can see more of this yummy colour!!
Such a fresh looking card.
Thanks…

Colour INKspiration #29

Colour INKspiration has a new colour challenge every fortnight on a Wednesday evening.  I am always excited to see what combo is waiting for us, and then I get my thinking cap on!
I am particularly thrilled to be a guest in this Colour INKspiration #CI29 blog hop!




The challenge for #CI29 had a lovely rustic feel and I was instantly drawn to the lovely bouquet.

I started thinking woodland......cascading flowers....woodgrain.....texture... and surprisingly, it came to me pretty quickly what I wanted to do.
I pulled out the colours I needed and started to put it all together.




I used my layering circle framelits to cut a circle frame from the Wood Texture DSP with a Very Vanilla circle underneath for stamping my sentiment.
The flowers and leaves were cut using the Bouquet Bunch framelits.  I trimmed the bunches down to get the shapes I wanted and cut some individual ones to add here and there.

Added a bit of dimension by raising the circle frame up from the Very Vanilla base.



The final touch was …