Skip to main content

Onstage swaps

Hi Everyone


Stampin' Up hold an event for demonstrators every six months to launch new product and provide business ideas, inspiration and training.  

But there is so much more that happens at Onstage!

You get to meet so many amazing and creative people.  

Crafters are chosen to present on the stage, showing us ways to use new product and giving us ideas on how to use them in our business.  After a couple of presentations we get to "make and take" - we get to use this beautiful new products and create cards or 3D items.  It is like  sneak peak of of the whole suite of products!

Others are chosen to preview the products and create inspiration boards using different products from the new range.  It is always so interesting to see how different they make their creations.

And a fun way to meet these other creative people is to exchange "swaps".  These are little pieces of art you create that show case you and your style and swap these with fellow demonstrators.

I decided to make three different swaps.  Mainly because we had a big team going (46) and I still needed something to swap with others.  There were over 600 demonstrators there!!

Originally I made the card for my team, but then allowed them to choose whatever they liked.

Here are the cards......













I also made mini Tic Tac gifts.  I wrapped them with Designer series paper and added a die cut flower from the Oh So Eclectic set and stamped the sentiment on a small punched circle.  These were very, very popular!




To use up some of my designer series paper, I make lollipop covers.  These are so easy to do, especially if you have a lot to make.  I got the idea from Pootles, in the UK.
The sentiments are stamped using A Good Day stamp set and punched out using the small scallop punches.




These are also fun ideas that can used as party favours or treats such as at  Halloween just by changing the colours,  paper, and/or sentiment.

Give them a try for your next party!

'Til next time, keep crafting!

Comments

  1. I loved your swaps Shirley! Stunning! So glad that I got to have one. Well done on sharing your creativity with others.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kylie's Demonstrator training February Blog Hop.

Thank you for joining us for our Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month! We are all part of a training program that has the sole purpose of improving our Stampin' Up!® businesses and to learn from a variety of top Stampin' Up!® Demonstrators from around the world. Please be sure to 'HOP' all of the way around to all of the projects on this Blog Hop, there is a list at the bottom of the page that will help you to make your way around. Today I wanted to challenge myself to try something a  bit different by showing the versatility of any stamp set - even if it only has a few images - and do three cards  with either different techniques or use the stamp in a different way.  Maybe even look at the stamps in the set and see what else I can do with them. I thought this would be a good way to show someone, that may be interested in a particular set, or trying to decide, or thinking a particular set didn't do very much, to think again and see the possibilities.

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop with Wendy Cranford

Welcome! This week we have another exciting blog hop with Wendy Cranford from Luvinstampin.com. I really enjoyed looking through her blog finding a project that I was going to CASE (copy and selectively edit). The project I chose was this one: I was taken with the colour blending and the use of the die cut over it. I decided to use a watercolour wash for my colour blending.  I used Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay, and Soft Sea Foam.   The beautiful die cut is from the Lovely Flowers edgelits, which I put over the top allowing some of the watercolour wash to peek through. I finished it off with some Bermuda Bay ribbon and a sentiment form the Incredible Like You stamp set.  I love these colours but just think how many other colourways you could do this card! Give it a try! But before you do, hop on over to the next blog and see what my fellow Crazy Crafters have designed this week.

Kylie's Demonstrator training blog hop.

Welcome! Thank you for joining us for our Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month! We are all part of a training program that has the sole purpose of improving our Stampin' Up!® businesses and to learn from a variety of top Stampin' Up!® Demonstrators from around the world. Please be sure to 'HOP' all of the way around to all of the projects on this Blog Hop, there is a list at the bottom of the page that will help you to make your way around. What a great way to get ideas on all the amazing new product than with a card swap! Organised by one of the Crazy Crafters, Nicole, we had to create a card front using anything from the new Occasions Catalogue or Sale-a-bration products - those are the freebies you get for every $AU90 you spend - and that is soooo easy to do once you see what's  inside the new catalogue! As the name says, there are new designs for all those upcoming occasions - Valentine's, Easter, Mother's  Day,  and almost anything