Skip to main content

Monthly highlight- Fussy cutting flowers

Some paper is just too pretty and we don't want to cut it - EVER!!  
But we must - that is what it is there for!!

As Kylie Bertucci says "love it, chop it"!  
It's there to be used - and you can always buy more (that we know!!)

The papers from the Share What You Love range have some lovely images that you may not want to cut into for fear of cutting through the beautiful flowers.  So don't cut through them!  Cut AROUND them!!

For some, fussy cutting is their night mare, but personally I find it quite therapeutic, and rewarding.

So, I set about cutting away some of the gorgeous pearl finished  larger flowers, then some smaller ones and then some of the leaves.  These were all green ( Mint macaron, Old Olive and Tranquil Tide) so I needed some pop of colour to go with it.
 So then I grabbed another sheet, and cut out the grapefruit grove blossoms, and some of the Rich Razzleberry blooms from another - see there is lots to choose from!!


Once I had a nice little bundle, I clustered them together and played around until I was happy.
Before securing them to the card, I stamped some background dots and added some dimensionals.





I stamped the sentiments on strips and then tucked them behind the blooms before mounting it all onto matching card stock.

Mint Macaron and Grapefruit Grove combo





 Mint Macaron and Rich Razzleberry combos





Grab some pretty paper, get stuck in and start cutting away!
 Just imagine how many cards like this you could get from this beautiful paper - even if you only cut up one sheet (and that still leave 3 more!!).

If you need to replenish your supplies, or get you hands on this pack - just jump into my shop.

"Til next time.....




Comments

  1. Hey, Shirley, Wow I wish I was able to fussy cut as neat as you. Your cards are gorgeous. I love the white space on the cards it makes your be drawn to the colours in the one corner. I also like your sizes of layers. I cannot pick a favourite card but making these cards make for a wonderful gift set for someone special. Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kylie's Demonstrator training February Blog Hop.

Thank you for joining us for our Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month! We are all part of a training program that has the sole purpose of improving our Stampin' Up!® businesses and to learn from a variety of top Stampin' Up!® Demonstrators from around the world. Please be sure to 'HOP' all of the way around to all of the projects on this Blog Hop, there is a list at the bottom of the page that will help you to make your way around. Today I wanted to challenge myself to try something a  bit different by showing the versatility of any stamp set - even if it only has a few images - and do three cards  with either different techniques or use the stamp in a different way.  Maybe even look at the stamps in the set and see what else I can do with them. I thought this would be a good way to show someone, that may be interested in a particular set, or trying to decide, or thinking a particular set didn't do very much, to think again and see the possibilities.

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop with Wendy Cranford

Welcome! This week we have another exciting blog hop with Wendy Cranford from Luvinstampin.com. I really enjoyed looking through her blog finding a project that I was going to CASE (copy and selectively edit). The project I chose was this one: I was taken with the colour blending and the use of the die cut over it. I decided to use a watercolour wash for my colour blending.  I used Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay, and Soft Sea Foam.   The beautiful die cut is from the Lovely Flowers edgelits, which I put over the top allowing some of the watercolour wash to peek through. I finished it off with some Bermuda Bay ribbon and a sentiment form the Incredible Like You stamp set.  I love these colours but just think how many other colourways you could do this card! Give it a try! But before you do, hop on over to the next blog and see what my fellow Crazy Crafters have designed this week.

Kylie's Demonstrator training blog hop.

Welcome! Thank you for joining us for our Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month! We are all part of a training program that has the sole purpose of improving our Stampin' Up!® businesses and to learn from a variety of top Stampin' Up!® Demonstrators from around the world. Please be sure to 'HOP' all of the way around to all of the projects on this Blog Hop, there is a list at the bottom of the page that will help you to make your way around. What a great way to get ideas on all the amazing new product than with a card swap! Organised by one of the Crazy Crafters, Nicole, we had to create a card front using anything from the new Occasions Catalogue or Sale-a-bration products - those are the freebies you get for every $AU90 you spend - and that is soooo easy to do once you see what's  inside the new catalogue! As the name says, there are new designs for all those upcoming occasions - Valentine's, Easter, Mother's  Day,  and almost anything