Skip to main content

Campfire cupcakes for charity

It was decided at work that we would have a Bake off to help raise some money for one of the charities work supported.

The office divided into teams and we had to choose someone to bake.  The theme was cupcakes and it would be a blind tasting - no one would know who made what.  They would then vote for the winner.

The winning cupcakes were to be voted on for presentation and taste.

The two of us in our team, nominated by our workmates, decided to secretly co-ordinate our presentation.    Inspired by Pinterest (love Pinterest!!) my colleague made little tents on top of her cupcakes while I made campfires!





They looked so cute!  Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate sultans for the rocks, mini flake for the logs and swirls of icing for the flames!
Hidden inside was a cream cheese, chocolate and orange centre, that you only discovered once you bite into it!

My colleague had a caramel centre in her chocolate cupcakes as well as hidden chocolate under her tent!  Surprises everywhere!



I added the "toasting marshamallows" for that real campfire feel.  Very cute!

We didn't win, but ours were the only ones all eaten!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kylie's Demonstrator training blog hop.

Welcome! Thank you for joining us for our Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month! We are all part of a training program that has the sole purpose of improving our Stampin' Up!® businesses and to learn from a variety of top Stampin' Up!® Demonstrators from around the world. Please be sure to 'HOP' all of the way around to all of the projects on this Blog Hop, there is a list at the bottom of the page that will help you to make your way around. What a great way to get ideas on all the amazing new product than with a card swap! Organised by one of the Crazy Crafters, Nicole, we had to create a card front using anything from the new Occasions Catalogue or Sale-a-bration products - those are the freebies you get for every $AU90 you spend - and that is soooo easy to do once you see what's  inside the new catalogue! As the name says, there are new designs for all those upcoming occasions - Valentine's, Easter, Mother's  Day,  and almost anything ...

Kylie's Demonstrator training February Blog Hop.

Thank you for joining us for our Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month! We are all part of a training program that has the sole purpose of improving our Stampin' Up!® businesses and to learn from a variety of top Stampin' Up!® Demonstrators from around the world. Please be sure to 'HOP' all of the way around to all of the projects on this Blog Hop, there is a list at the bottom of the page that will help you to make your way around. Today I wanted to challenge myself to try something a  bit different by showing the versatility of any stamp set - even if it only has a few images - and do three cards  with either different techniques or use the stamp in a different way.  Maybe even look at the stamps in the set and see what else I can do with them. I thought this would be a good way to show someone, that may be interested in a particular set, or trying to decide, or thinking a particular set didn't do very much, to think again and see the possibilities....

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop with Alison Solven

Today we are Blog Hopping with talented Alison Solven from Canada. We had to pick a card from the great selection of cards Alison has made and CASE (Copy and Selectively Edit) one of them. I went over to Alison's blog at -    http://stampcrazy.typepad.com and also her Pinterest page.  If you are stuck for ideas, pop on over and have a look - there are so many wonderful cards to inspire you. The one I chose to CASE was this one: I really liked the original stamp set and dies this is made with. For my take on this card,I decided to use clusters of flowers in a variety of colours.  I used new colours Lovey Lipstick, Petal Pink, Balmy Blue, Granny Apple Green and Coastal Cabana. The stamp set I used was the Beautiful Bouquet with the sentiment from a couple of different sets. I love the fresh, bright look of the finished card with plenty of white space to rest your eye.  A couple of  Share What You Love Artisan Pearls ...